You have been waiting for three years to be a senior, and you’ve finally made it! As you enter into this fast-paced time of your life, this will be one of the most memorable years you will ever look back on. With that being said, your senior session is an absolute must-do! These images will be forever published in the yearbook, displayed on the walls of your friends and family’s homes, and shared to hundreds, maybe thousands via social media!
Your senior photo session is one of the most epic photo shoots you will ever have. We’d love to help you mark this part of your life with a made for you session that will bring out your true, authentic personality, packed with an adventurous, glamorous and remarkably fun day!
About Your Senior Session
Our job is to enhance your philosophy of style. We shoot with a variety of lenses to get full length, mid-length and close-ups. We like to be able to offer you a variety of poses for you to choose from.
Bring along several outfits and accessories and we’ll create the prefect look for you! We also put together a list of tips on what to wear, so be sure to look it over!
Have ideas for a location? Just let us know! We are happy to suggest some of our favorite places too!
We have packages that include a personal hair stylist and makeup artist that will be appointed entirely to you! Be prepared to feel like a supermodel. If you are comfortable with doing your own hair and makeup, that is entirely up to you! You can also bring someone you know to do it for you, as we know you may have already established relationships with hair and beauty stylists.
Remember, senior sessions are all about this exciting phase of life that you are in. It’s a great way to kick off the new school season, but we‘re available to shoot them at anytime throughout the year!
What to Wear
Ok teenagers … I know what you’re thinking … You have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear. Here are a few ideas that will help you choose the BEST clothes to wear in your Senior Portraits.
• Choose a VARIETY of outfits. It’s a good idea to include both casual and a more formal outfit in your senior portraits. You choose one and let Mom choose one, that way everyone is happy.
• For outdoor portraits. Be careful of bright greens as they often clash with the greens of the leaves and grass. Black, Khaki, pink, orange, navy, tan, gold, burgundy, dark yellow are good outdoors. I recommend staying away from white, light/pale yellow or other very light/pale colors outdoors.
• Try to stay clear of stripes. (Large bold ones are tolerable. Small thin ones will not photograph well. It’s best to not use any stripes or solids with 1-2 stripes or lines.
• Your face should be the focal point of your portraits. Loud colors and busy patterns can be very distracting in your photos. Avoid large & bold patterns that might draw attention away from your face. Long sleeve solids or very subtle prints are usually the most flattering.
• Classic styles will best stand the test of time and keep your portrait looking less dated for years to come. So try wearing styles and looks that will be in style “next year” as well as this summer…otherwise you’re portrait will look dated in a year or two. Classic solids will always be in style. Trendy summer tops will look out of place next summer.
• Some poses will show your shoes so don’t forget to bring shoes & socks for each outfit that you plan to wear. Barefoot and sandals! White socks don’t photograph well, so bring darker ones too (just in case they show!) Guys… don’t forget those belts and Gals…don’t forget your jewelry!